Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Might of the Forsaken progress 9 (color!)


Bah, I didn't draw yesterday because I was too busy being angry at my other hobby (dolls).  I really hate it when people promise to sell you an item and then sell it to someone else when you were expecting them to tell you exact shipping costs!  Also it was Marissa's birthday yesterday (the 8th)  so we did a lot of chilling.  Look at me use this like a regular journal, hah.  Bah it says I'm posting on the 11th, technically, but this is all the 10th's work!


I kind of put off starting color on this, too, because, well, maybe I'm afraid that it's going to turn out really bad.  90% of the first part of the drawing looks bad, though, and I'd say I'm only about 75% done.  The colors aren't too bad, but it messed up the composition a little bit.  The top right seems so void now--I wonder if I should paint some bigger wind mills because you can't even tell that the background is supposed to be old New Agamand anymore.  I also wonder if I should brighten up part of the sky for contrast, but at the same time, I wanted this painting to be a little dark since it's about the forsaken and undead goodness.

The death knight on the bottom right has been bothering me nonstop because the mage's hand is in this face so he looks cramped.  And I've always hated the undead on the bottom right...he needs to change.  He doesn't seem very menacing. 

So the color layer of the painting apparently took something like 3 hours.  I am really sad that I forgot to hit unpause on my recorder because it jumps so much when I started painting Sylvanas, who is the main of this photo.  I didn't forget to hit unpause when Mason asked me to log into his WoW account, though, so you get to see all of that stuff happening. xD

Anyway, here it is, I guess.  Tomorrow I get to start the "paint over" layer, which is my favorite.  However, it's gonna be irritating because I had to merge all of the layers.  Even with 8gb of ram my computer doesn't have enough.  Don't tell me to better allocate the ram in photoshop because I can't deal with it going any slower than it already does. D:  This painting is 8000x9000 pixels at 400 dpi so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Put some Within Temptation in the video for ya. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment